A self drive safari through the wilderness of Africa, one of the most exciting, adventurous and rewarding things you will ever experience. The freedom to do whatever, whenever you like, to become connected with nature, to get away from it al. Self drives in Namibia is not only very safe but also the most popular way to travel, with more than 85% of gravel roads, well maintained. Whether you want to camp, or stay over at a lodge, or even a combination, it is no problem.
Your Questions :
“Isn’t it dangerous?”, “How do we plan it?”, “How do we know what to do?”.
You don’t have to worry, if you have a sense of adventure, a bit of common sense, and be prepared to learn some new things, you’re ready.
Our services include:
- A Complete introduction to your vehicle and (camping) equipment
- A detailed roadmap of Namibia and an info package.
- Cross border travel to South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya, Lesotho, Swaziland.
- Drop-off and pick-up of your vehicle anywhere in Namibia, South Africa and Botswana.
- Included in our prices are free transfers from the International Airport to Windhoek City (also to your accommodation in Windhoek City) and back.
- All our prices include unlimited kilometers.
- Extra’s available are a variety of extra tools and equipment.
- The latest Garmin Navigation System, which makes sure you never get lost.
- EXTRA SECURITY ! In case of an emergency this Iridium Satellite Phone offers you unlimited communications from even the remotest wildernesses in Southern Africa. It comes with a carrying bag and 220 V and 12 V car chargers.
- New car-fi can be booked as an extra, client can enjoy wi-fi wherever internet connection ia available. You can contact up to 10 devices.
We have our own workshop, service station and excellent, 24 hours breakdown service. In the unlikely event that your car should break down, you won’t lose any valuable holiday time. We will organise your immediate and professional support, whenever it happens, wherever you are.
Toyotas are the most reliable vehicles to drive on the harsh African roads. You can find different types and configurations in our fleet.
- All our vehicles have a Bull-bar and Roll-bar, which provides extra safety.
- A double tank an a double battery system.
- Mud terrain tyres with two spare tyres.
- Fully equipped camping gear, having everything you need, from kitchen appliances to bedding.
- Extra comfort of a fridge and chairs, for lunch breaks in the middle of nowhere, even when sleeping at lodges.
Book at Asco Car Hire
Watch our Video